Sunday, October 4, 2009

Halloween is Here!!



The Holiday's are officially here!!
Yesterday we did the Children's Hospital walk at Sea World again!!! There must've been more than twice as many people this years as last year. It was super fun! Todd was able to join us this year and Mocka came again too of course. We all did the 1 mile walk and then they went to all the booths while I ran the additional 3 mile course. It's through Sea World and along the water so it's amazing and the weather was perfect!! They had so many booths with so much free stuff, lot's of food, entertainment for the kids, and just fun!! In fact, I think Todd's company is going to do a team for the walk next year and perhaps a booth!
Then Todd had to go to work for a little bit and I went to Costco and Jack's soccer game where he was so wiped out!! He was so sweet and didn't complain but just kinda stood on the field! After that we came home, changed and headed out to Oma's Pumpkin Patch with Mocka where Aunt Gail and cousin Hayden joined us! This is seriously the best pumpkin patch ever!! So much better than Bates Nut Farm. So much for the kids to do it's crazy!!!!!!! All for $6 per kid!! That's it!! No charge per event/game. Just $6! The do have portapotties, but in them they had clorox wipes for us to wipe down the seat (I have my own wetones I usually have to use) and antibacterial hand wash, papertowels, and toilet seat covers!!! The do have water and soap outside as well!! I love this place (and I did let them know how much I appreciated that)!! We also saw a baby cow on the hayride that was born 3 hours earlier!! He actually delivered the baby while taking people around on the hayride! Not sure if I'm bummed or happy we missed that! The people are so nice there and I love that our money goes to helping a family owned farm that was started by their parents! The kids also get water and a good pumpkin for the $6! My blue pumpkin was only $13 and I'll get at least 15 cups of pumpkin out of it!! We were exhausted at the end of the day but it was fun!!
Today we're decorating for halloween, had pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, making pumpkin pound cake, cooking pumpkin seeds, carving pumpkins and loving this cold weather!! I so love the holidays!!!
Pics to come later today when I have time to upload them!

No comments: