
This year I started a new tradition with the boys. I did the 12 days of Christmas. Everyday for 12 days before Christmas they got to open a present from me. I know, that's crazy, and a lot of presents (24 between the 2 of them). But they focused on why we celebrated Christmas. I wanted them to really remember what Christmas is about. They got the Fisher Price "Little People" nativity scene, a little plastic snowglobe with the nativity scene inside, little wooeden ornaments they painted and hung on the tree(they were the symbols of Christmas, tree, bell, star, etc.), books about Jesus, that kind of stuff. They really like it and we talked about Jesus' birthday everyday! We went to Viejas Outlets one night and while walking through that parking lot Jack got excited and said "Look! it's the baby Jesus is born star!" I looked up and there was on visisble really bright star in the sky. I said "Oh I see. Do you think so?" He said "Yes! I know it is!! That means baby Jesus is born! That's the baby Jesus is born star mom!" Todd and I just smiled at each other and chuckled. I love that he's old enough to understand (mostly) and he's so excited when he does! This will continue to be a tradition in our family!
When Jack said prayers last night he said "Bless Jesus that he has fun at his birthday and that Santa doesn't run into any elves...." He's such a sweet boy with and incredible sweet heart!
1 comment:
Your boys sound so sweet. I love those kind of moments that make all the work totally worth it! Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment